Hi, I’m Chrissy—the blogger behind Eat Sleep Breathe FI. I write about FI (financial independence), money, and life from a beautiful suburb near Vancouver, Canada.
My husband, two boys, and I lead a regular middle-class life with regular middle-class expenses. At this point, we’re on track to hit FI in our 40s.
I was a graphic designer for six years before I became a stay-at-home mom. My husband M is an art director at a local video game company. Kid 1 is a young teen, and loves reading, comics, manga, and Transformers. Kid 2 is a tween and loves music, reading, manga, and cute animals. Both boys are currently obsessed with Fortnite.
We’re a happy, busy family!
What we love
We love to travel, hang out with friends and family, try new foods, go to the movies, ski, attend festivals, explore our city and others nearby, visit libraries, fix things, build things, learn things, have potlucks, game nights, movie nights—basically just squeeze as much fun out of life as we can!
But… I’m an introvert, so I work hard to balance the aforementioned fun with good doses of downtime. (This is when M and the boys make good use of his man cave, and I retreat to blog, plan, and dream about FI.)
What I’m passionate about
I love helping others, learning new things, and working on getting a little happier every day. I’m also super passionate about FI.
Blogging is the perfect way for me to combine these passions. I love how blogs allow us to so easily and freely share knowledge. What an awesome time it is to be alive!
Fun facts about Chrissy
- I’m an introvert, but if you talk to me about FI, you won’t be able to shut me up.
- I’m a twin (we’re identical, but it’s pretty easy to tell us apart).
- My twin sister was born two minutes after me, but she’s an inch taller.
- I’m left-handed, but my twin sister is right-handed.
- Curiously, our younger brother is left-handed and a graphic designer like me.
- I can draw and paint.
- For a long time, I dreamt of becoming a children’s book illustrator.
- When I have time, I enjoy sewing, knitting, and crocheting amigurumi.
- I don’t love cooking. But I do it anyway (and a lot of it) because I dislike being unfrugal even more!
- I’m a total klutz.
- I’m only five feet tall. (Most of Kid 1’s friends outgrew me long ago!)
- We’re in love with Japan. If family, school, and work didn’t keep us rooted here, we’d move there in a heartbeat.
- We’re huge theme park fans, and have visited Disneyland, Disney World, Tokyo Disneyland, and both American Universal Studios parks.
- We love dogs, and regularly dog-sit for family and friends to get our doggy fix.
- I have too many favourite books to list, but some at the top are: The Harry Potter series, The Chronicles of Narnia series, Life of Pi, and El Deafo.
- Some of my favourite TV shows growing up were: Saved by the Bell, Beverly Hills 90210, Friends, and Seinfeld.
- I’m having too much fun pursuing FI to watch Netflix these days! But pre-FI, these were some of my favourite shows: Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, The Good Wife, and Game of Thrones.
- My all-time favourite movies are: Forrest Gump, Beauty and the Beast (2016), and The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- I prefer driving stick shift. (It’s the frugal choice, and it’s way more fun!)
- Matcha-flavored sweets are my weakness (especially matcha Kit Kats… yum).
- I meditate daily because it helps me stay happy.
- I’m a glass-half-full kinda gal, and have been told I smile a lot. 😀
I’d love get to know you too!
Feel free to introduce yourself in the comments below and share some fun facts about you.
Even more about me and this blog
If you’d like to learn a little more about me and Eat Sleep Breathe FI, here are some links to help you do that:
- My Backstory will tell you even more about me, and how my husband and I started our money and FI journey. (I also talk about how the idea to start this blog came to be.)
- About This Blog explains how Eat Sleep Breathe FI adds diversity and a new perspective to the already-full FI blog scene.
- Here We Go is the first official post on Eat Sleep Breathe FI. It started as an explanation for my very long launch process, but in the end became kind of a blog manifesto. In the post, I talk about how I plan to blog and why I blog the way that I do.
Sharing is caring…
If you liked this article and want more content like this, please support this blog by sharing it! Not only does it help spread the FIRE, but it lets me know what content you find most useful. (Which encourages me to write more of it!) Thanks for your support!