Why another FI blog?
There are a bajillion FI and personal finance blogs already… did we really need another one? 🙄
My answer: YES!
- I live in an expensive area: We could retire earlier if we moved to a lower cost of living area, but we love where we live and don’t want to move. I’ll write about how we’re still reaching for FI, even with this hurdle.
- I have kids: While I love learning from all FI bloggers, those of us with kids have different challenges than singletons and DINKs. I’ll talk about how we’re pursuing FI as a couple with two kids.
- I’m female and a stay-at-home mom: The FI community’s pretty diverse, but I’d love to hear from more women and at-home parents. I think adding more, different voices to the community is a really good thing.
- I’m Asian: As a female BIPOC, I want to show other BIPOC women that there are others like them out there. When we see others who look like us, from similar backgrounds, it’s inspiring and can help make the subject matter more relatable.
- I’m all about next-level FI: While I’ll cover some of the easy stuff, I’ll also go beyond the basics. I love sharing advanced hacks and info to help you reach FI sooner.
- I’m Canadian: Our American friends have such a wealth of FI and personal finance content at their disposal. We Canadians need and want more! I’ll not only share Canada-centric content, but I’ll also put a Canadian spin on tips and techniques from our neighbours down south.
We learn best from different teachers
Having different points of view and different approaches to FI can only be a good thing. Sometimes, a similar message delivered just a little bit differently is what you need for things to click.
Maybe a few of you will connect with my story and my message, and pick up a tip or two that’ll get you to FI that much sooner.
Get to know me
Now that you know more about Eat Sleep Breathe FI, you might want to learn a little more about me. Here are some links to help you do that:
- On my About Me page, you can learn more about me and my family.
- My Backstory will tell you even more about me, and how my husband and I started our money and FI journey. (I also talk about how the idea to start this blog came to be.)
- Here We Go is the first official post on Eat Sleep Breathe FI. It started as an explanation for my very long launch process, but in the end became kind of a blog manifesto. In the post, I talk about how I plan to blog and why I blog the way that I do.
- Episode 016B: Chrissy’s Backstory is an interview I did on my podcast, Explore FI Canada with my co-hosts Money Mechaninc and Ryan. I share my backstory, from my Mustachian upbringing to how I discovered FI.
- How to Reach FI on One Income, With Kids, in a High Cost of Living Area explains some of the many ways we’ve saved money and lived frugally.
- How Much Does it Cost to Live the FIRE Life in Vancouver? (As a Family of Four) is my interview with myself, in which I reveal our annual essential spending and even more ways we save money.
- We Did It—We Reached FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early)! is another interview with myself, in which I share when we reached FIRE and the whys behind my husband’s decision to retire at the age of 45.
Support this blog
If you liked this article and want more content like this, please support this blog by sharing it! Not only does it help spread the FIRE, but it lets me know what content you find most useful. (Which encourages me to write more of it!)
You can also support this blog by visiting my recommendations page and purchasing through the links. Note that not every link is an affiliate link—some are just favourite products and services that I want to share. 🙂
As always, however you show your support for this blog—THANK YOU!