Why another FI blog?
There are a bajillion FI and personal finance blogs already… did we really need another one? 🙄
My answer: YES!
- I live in an expensive area: We could retire earlier if we moved to a lower cost of living area, but we love where we live and don’t want to move. I’ll write about how we’re still reaching for FI, even with this hurdle.
- I have kids: While I love learning from all FI bloggers, those of us with kids have different challenges than singletons and DINKs. I’ll talk about how we’re pursuing FI as a couple with two kids.
- I’m female and a stay-at-home mom: The FI community’s pretty diverse, but I’d love to hear from more women and at-home parents. I think adding more, different voices to the community is a really good thing.
- I’m all about next-level FI: While I’ll cover some of the easy stuff, I’ll also go beyond the basics. I love sharing advanced hacks and info to help you reach FI sooner.
- I’m Canadian: Our American friends have such a wealth of FI and personal finance content at their disposal. We Canadians need and want more! I’ll not only share Canada-centric content, but I’ll also put a Canadian spin on tips and techniques from our neighbours down south.
We learn best from different teachers
Having different points of view and different approaches to FI can only be a good thing. Sometimes, a similar message delivered just a little bit differently is what you need for things to click.
Maybe a few of you will connect with my story and my message, and pick up a tip or two that’ll get you to FI that much sooner.
Get to know me
- On my About Me page, you can learn more about me and my family.
- My Backstory will tell you even more about me, and how my husband and I started our money and FI journey. (I also talk about how the idea to start this blog came to be.)
- Here We Go is the first official post on Eat Sleep Breathe FI. It started as an explanation for my very long launch process, but in the end became kind of a blog manifesto. In the post, I talk about how I plan to blog and why I blog the way that I do.
Sharing is caring…
If you liked this article and want more content like this, please support this blog by sharing it! Not only does it help spread the FIRE, but it lets me know what content you find most useful. (Which encourages me to write more of it!) Thanks for your support!