FI School Lesson 5: Early Retirement Planning
This is where we get to think about our dreams and goals, then make plans to reach them. Yes, it’ll involve some math. But don’t worry—it’s easy math, and it’s actually kinda fun. (Really!)
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement (This article was my intro to FI. It’s so good and so well-loved that I think it’s required reading for every FI-seeker!)
- The 4% Rule: The Easy Answer to “How Much Do I Need for Retirement?”
- Silly and Misleading Retirement Calculators
- The 4% Rule and Safe Withdrawal Rates In Retirement by Todd Tresidder
- How Much Money Do I Need to Retire? by Todd Tresidder
- How to Retire the Cheapskate Way by Jeff Yeager
- Retiring Sooner by Darrow Kirkpatrick
Disclosure: The book recommendations above include Amazon links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases—at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products which I truly believe in. (But I’d suggest doing the frugal thing and borrowing the books from your library!)
Ask away in the comments—I’m happy to help!
Support this blog
If you liked this article and want more content like this, please support this blog by sharing it! Not only does it help spread the FIRE, but it lets me know what content you find most useful. (Which encourages me to write more of it!)
You can also support this blog by visiting my recommendations page and purchasing through the links. Note that not every link is an affiliate link—some are just favourite products and services that I want to share. 🙂
As always, however you show your support for this blog—THANK YOU!